Friday, August 5, 2011

Product Review: Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries

I'm not big into couponing, but if I can easily find a deal I will take it. I've been using Swagbucks as a search engine and a way to save up gift cards for Christmas and birthday presents, and I  noticed that you can print coupons through their website as well. One of the first coupons it offered me was for Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries. I am a huge fan of sweet potatoes in all forms, but sweet potato fries particularly delight me. I went ahead and "clipped" the coupon online, but I doubted I would be able to buy the product. There had to be some hidden wheat in there. I was sure of it. I have noticed that a lot of frozen fries and potato products use wheat as a sticking agent, and I was guessing that this product would be the same way.

When I got to the grocery store, I made a bee-line for the sweet potato fries. I was totally thrilled to read on the side of the package: "GLUTEN-FREE." Ahh!!!! Joy!!!!

So, we had a family cook out, and I stuck some of these sweet potato fries in the oven. The fries held together nicely when I flipped them part-way through the cooking time, and they achieved a wonderful crunchy-but-slightly-soggy texture. I love that about good sweet potato fries.


Not the greatest picture in the world. I never realized how hard it was to get a good picture of orange food until I went through probably 30 pictures before I got one that wasn't simply terrible. These fries were great, and I definitely recommend them if you are a lover of sweet potatoes. And, if you hunt around, there are several coupons floating around online. Hope you love these as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment