Thursday, August 11, 2011

Almond French Toast

I have recently really gotten into almond milk. It is so creamy, delicious, and has more calcium than regular milk. Yum! So, I've started making lots of things with it. I even like to drink it plain. I've got plans to make my own almond milk and save the almond meal that is leftover to use in recipes, but for now, I've been buying it by the carton at the store.

The first thing I made with my almond milk was french toast. Oh it was so good! The almond flavor is very subtle, but I love it. I'm never making it with regular milk again!



***Almond French Toast

8-10 slices of gluten-free bread (I used Udi's brand)
3 eggs
3/4 cup almond milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
few drops of vanilla extract
oil for greasing the pan

Beat eggs, almond milk, sugar and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl. Beat until well-combined. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dip both sides of the bread into the egg mixture. Cook in skillet until both sides are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment